PROJECT | RB
Two brands, one integration
RB (formerly called Reckitt Benckiser) is the world’s leading consumer health and hygiene company. The company has operations in over 60 countries, with headquarters in the UK, Dubai and Amsterdam, and sales in almost 200 countries. The company employs approximately 37,000 people worldwide.
The new Head of Digital Technology identified that the business was only using the Product Content Management offering of the SAP Hybris product suite.
Wanting to maximise their investment in the commerce solution and rationalise a number of their existing commerce and content websites, they approached Greenlight to help in three key areas.
Objectives & Strategy
- Extend RB’s usage of the platform through delivering an eCommerce focused framework to facilitate a “direct-to-consumer” (D2C) strategy for the consumer goods giant.
- Build a “white-label” base for RB to deliver an eCommerce framework it could to roll out to its portfolio of brands and territories across the globe.
- Give the team more control over their business and technical operations of the system rather than relying on other partners to trade and develop their platform.
What we did
- Conducted in-depth consulting and platform evaluation programme, including a review of the existing technical landscape.
- Held workshops with the client in order to fully understand the business.
- Built upon the Core B2C SAP Hybris Accelerator to deliver a new “RB Accelerator”.
- Developed a platform with the customised functionality required on which RB’s many brands could be rolled out, across multiple regions.
- Maximised return on investment (ROI) for each brand and territory roll-out.
- Implemented a single provider model for all brands/territories for integration to third party logistics (3PL), payment service and other merchandising features.
- Delivered a phased approach starting with the Durex and Scholl brands, replacing the exisiting Magento abd Umbraco platforms.
- Empowered RB to build its own internal capability to roll-out new countries and brands without Greenlight’s assistance.
- eCommerce consultancy
- Multi-brand and multi-territory
- Technical delivery and system integration
- Project delivery
- Transition to customer’s technical support team
- Platform: SAP Hybris