Project | Maison de Fleurs
Delivering a creative-driven commerce experience using microservices
Maison de Fleurs, established in 2002, is a luxury events florist that focuses on supreme client expertise as well as producing bespoke floral masterpieces. Historically the business was known for delivering services to other businesses, however the boutique florist wanted to move into lifestyle and B2C work – a fiercely competitive market.
They approached Greenlight in June 2017 to help expand their digital offering to customers, with a focus on content and lifestyle engagement.
- Deliver an engaging and visually attractive ecommerce site in time for the industry’s peak trading period from September, without compromising on the brand and luxury experience for their customers.
- Ensure the site is user-friendly, accessible to their audience, optimised for SEO and would allow for the easy execution of digital marketing campaigns.
- Identify the Maison de Fleurs customer.
- Create tone of voice and brand guidelines for consistency of brand messaging and future marketing strategies.
- Create and support a digital engagement roadmap over 24 months that will deliver business growth.
Maison de Fleurs were already using Drupal, an open source web content management platform. They wanted to retain this platform, with minimal disruption through the build process. So, on top of that system, we developed a microservices ecommerce solution using moltin – a totally customisable, API-first eCommerce platform.
This allowed Greenlight to quickly deliver a highly aesthetic experience that we call “Creative-driven Commerce” where the experience is the focus of the journey and is not restricted by the constraints of out-of-the-box transactional templates.
We used our Data Management Platform (DMP) to better understand the Maison de Fleurs audience. The DMP works by gathering first party site visitor data, and overlaying it with third party data. Our experts then analyse this data to give us deep insights into our clients’ customers. We use these insights to create work that speaks clearly to the people we need to reach.
Greenlight Digital’s team understood the many different components needed to deliver our vision and their focus on digital growth made them a natural choice for this project.Ryan Thomas
Multi-Channel Director, Liberty
The recent trading results show our focus on improving the Maplin product and service proposition through an enhanced web and mobile customer experience is paying off. We now have a core platform upon which we will build our future omni-channel systems to deliver an outstanding customer experience.Neil McGowan
Greenlight’s dedicated development team delivered a truly world class online retail platform, including the most technically advanced eCommerce website in our sector.Justin Petszaft
Managing Director, Master of Malt
We chose Greenlight Commerce for their understanding of what we were trying to achieve in our market, coupled with their knowledge of what is required to launch a Demandware platform within a tight timeframe and to budget.Georgina Stoaling
Director of Ecommerce, Furniture Village
Greenlight Commerce were totally professional and dedicated to our project timescale. I would describe their performance as exceptional.Tony Perks
Group CIO & CTO, The British Home Store
We selected Greenlight for their extensive experience in the delivery and technical support of SAP Commerce Cloud projects and their digital marketing capabilities. We were looking for not just a technical partner, but a partner who understands digital customer engagement strategies to help us achieve our long-term growth goals.Andrew Kendall
- Delivery of a fully responsive eCommerce site within three months
- Built to enable quick product expansion as the business grows
- Highly targeted content that speaks beautifully to the customer