PROJECT | LIBERTY LONDON
A new home for an icon
Liberty is an iconic and heritage department store in the heart of London, renowned for its high-end luxury experience and unique product range spanning across fashion, cosmetics, accessories and homeware. Liberty engaged with Greenlight to deliver a digital shopping experience which aligned with its overall brand identity and bring it into the 21st century by enabling its customers to engage, explore, find and purchase items through a reinvigorated desktop and mobile site
- Design and build a completely new customer-facing experience that would be fully responsive, as well as providing the business with the ability to trade and merchandise to high-end customers through a mix of content and commerce.
- Deliver a platform to support a truly international engagement strategy for its worldwide customer base.
- Create an individually personalised experience to the customer that offers tailored content and articles based on their browsing behaviour as well as designer and category opt-in triggers throughout the site.
- Building a platform to manage Liberty’s two separate loyalty programmes and to support the accrual and redemption of points across all channels.
- Design, architect and integrate an omnichannel proposition via integration into its ERP, alongside building a roadmap of ERP changes to support the future ambitions of the business.
Our unique solution
We employed our enterprise project delivery methodology, coined ‘4D’, which stands for Discover, Design, Deliver, Deploy.
We began by running an extensive consulting phase that lasted three months, during which time we facilitated 20 workshops and delivered a functional specification, high-level design and project delivery plan for the first phase of the project.
Post-consultancy, we split our delivery team up to focus on key areas of the solution so we could run parallel work streams and manage any risk with our external dependencies (i.e the other partners of the Liberty business). Our 4D methodology is based on an iterative delivery model, enabling us to produce working code the client could see and use every two weeks.
Throughout the project, we worked very closely with the other partners within the Liberty business to push the boundaries on what was possible within its existing solution in order to deliver the enhanced experience the client required.
Finally, we helped evolve the roadmap of those solutions where Liberty was the first to use these newly built capabilities.
Visit the Liberty London website.
- eCommerce consultancy
- Over 15 separate integrations
- Creative direction
- UX design for desktop and mobile
- Technical delivery and system integration
- Project delivery and live support
- Platform: Salesforce Commerce Cloud