PROJECT | FURNITURE VILLAGE
Getting cosy on a new platform
Furniture Village is the UK’s number one independently-owned furniture retailer with over 40 stores nationwide. Since it was founded in 1989, quality and service has been at the heart of the Furniture Village offering, differentiating themselves from their competitors on quality rather than price.
While continually achieving double-digit growth online in recent years, it had become apparent the existing platform had reached its full potential and would hamper future growth plans. The retailer therefore decided to overhaul their website as part of a £1 million investment to enrich the digital and in-store experience. Knowing the extended buying cycle of their customers, it was essential that the digital experience of finding, researching and purchasing was seamless and as informative as possible, removing many of the complexities of purchasing quality furniture online.
Objectives & Strategy
- Create a best-in-class customer journey experience
- Gain greater control and ease of ability to add products and change content
- Provide improved merchandising abilities including enhanced product details, search options and promotion management
- Improve overall scalability and resilience of the new site for peak periods
- New digital experiences optimised for “big ticket” shopping on mobile, tablet and desktop
- Integration with Amplience for improved rich content management
- Design and architecture for future-proofing of their roadmap for ERP evolution
As with each of our new replatforming projects, we began by conducting an in-depth consultation programme, which included reviewing the retailer’s customer engagement roadmap and building a blue-print for a multi-phased roll-out to support the business’s plans. Workshops were conducted with the client, in order to re-invent the engagement and purchase process of selling “big ticket” items digitally and deliver a solution that met the best return on investment, while empowering Furniture Village to control their trading. Greenlight Commerce delivered a new solution on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform that included all the commerce features expected by customers to support “big ticket” products, as well as business tooling to allow for trading control and back-end integrations.
The build took 16 weeks, including integration to over 15 systems and delivered a much faster responsive, contemporary design across mobile, desktop and tablet.
Greenlight continues to support the platform as well as adding new services to enhance Furniture Village’s ongoing digital transformation. This includes running their digital channels for SEO, PPC and Content & Engagement. Working together across a number of channels means that we’re able to quickly implement key technical changes, helping to rapidly realise positive results for Furniture Village and reduce the work involved in managing multiple suppliers.
- eCommerce consultancy
- UX design for desktop and mobile
- ERP roadmap design
- Technical delivery and system integration
- Project delivery and live support
- Platform: Salesforce Commerce Cloud