Case Study | Pret A Manger
How Greenlight advised Pret A Manger’s shop delivery platform on “owning the lunch market”
Pret A Manager is a “ready to eat” outlet and coffee specialist. Their shops prepare natural and freshly made food in their 350 Prets spanning the UK, USA, Paris, Hong Kong and Shanghai. The company wished to reinvigorate and expand their deliver platform in order to “bring lunch to the people”. Their existing platform did not give them the flexibility to evolve their existing offering, mainly focused at office meeting catering, into areas such as lunch clubs and opportunities for employers to offer lunch choices to employees as a benefit. Doing this would also have the advantage of centralising control of their global digital platform for marketing and merchandising to support this initiative.
Objectives & Strategy
- Design a central platform to support international territories for content, product offerings and currency
- Create the process flow to cater for fresh food ordering and fulfilment taking a Business-to-Business approach.
- Deliver a strategy on how the customer journey and interfaces would work based on different food and drink offerings at different times of the day in different territories
- Build the rules related to pre-ordering and collect in store
- Provide guidance and best practices of launching a web presence in China
- Suggest the high level architecture of the entire solution including the internal system interfaces
- Publish a full Functional Specification of the entire customer journey and the relevant order process flows and system touch-points
Greenlight conducted an in-depth consulting programme, including reviewing the existing technical landscape of the Pret A Manger delivery platform. Over 15 workshops were conducted with the client, in order to ensure that we understood the business and delivered a solution specification that met the best return on investment. Greenlight worked with various stakeholders of the business to delivered a solution design that worked for the marketing, delivery and IT departments.
Greenlight Digital’s team understood the many different components needed to deliver our vision and their focus on digital growth made them a natural choice for this project.Ryan Thomas
Multi-Channel Director, Liberty
The recent trading results show our focus on improving the Maplin product and service proposition through an enhanced web and mobile customer experience is paying off. We now have a core platform upon which we will build our future omni-channel systems to deliver an outstanding customer experience.Neil McGowan
Greenlight’s dedicated development team delivered a truly world class online retail platform, including the most technically advanced eCommerce website in our sector.Justin Petszaft
Managing Director, Master of Malt
We chose Greenlight Commerce for their understanding of what we were trying to achieve in our market, coupled with their knowledge of what is required to launch a Demandware platform within a tight timeframe and to budget.Georgina Stoaling
Director of Ecommerce, Furniture Village
Greenlight Commerce were totally professional and dedicated to our project timescale. I would describe their performance as exceptional.Tony Perks
Group CIO & CTO, The British Home Store
We selected Greenlight for their extensive experience in the delivery and technical support of SAP Commerce Cloud projects and their digital marketing capabilities. We were looking for not just a technical partner, but a partner who understands digital customer engagement strategies to help us achieve our long-term growth goals.Andrew Kendall