PROJECT | MASTER OF MALT
How Greenlight designed and built and award-winning site for Master of Malt
Master of Malt, an award-winning online spirits retailer, has one of the most expansive ranges in the world and a proud heritage of 30 years in whisky retail. The ambitious retailer employed Greenlight to design and build an ecommerce platform that would rank strongly, with first class usability and the ability to scale the back end to meet the significant uplift in traffic.
Objectives & Strategy
- Launch in time to achieve target rankings prior to Christmas peak trading
- Double traffic over Christmas peak trading
- Increase product range x4 through DSV solution
- Integrate closely with the customer’s internal team
- Revitalise brand and design
- Provide managed hosting service and 24/7/365 support
Greenlight first engaged with the Master of Malt team to rethink the brand, redesigning the logo and overhauling the site design from the bottom up. SEO was a key consideration from the beginning of Discovery to beyond Launch, resulting in the development of a site architecture that would complement a wealth of newly sourced and unique content. This ensured existing domain authority was shared down to the lowest levels of the product range in the most effective way.
We then implemented a bespoke eCommerce platform that included custom Product Management and Order Processing functionality, as well as integrations including SagePay. Greenlight also implemented a custom drop ship vendor (DSV) solution with producer Gordon and MacPhail to massively expand the online product range.
Master of Malt is now a leading online drinks retailer with an ever-expanding product range, industry leading design and content and commanding rankings in Google. The retailer has won multiple awards, including Food & Drink eCommerce Website of the Year at the 2019 UK eCommerce Awards.
- Fully bespoke site redesign and build
- SEO as a central pillar of the build
- PIM and OMS implementation
- DVS solution with Gordon and MacPhail
- Hosting and support