PROJECT | GLOBAL-E
Greenlight enables accelerated deployment of the Global-e platform on SAP Hybris and Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Global-e enables efficient and simplified cross-boarder commerce for retailers wishing to maximise their single domestic website and related distribution infrastructure. Their platform allows retailers to offer local currency and payment options to cross-border shoppers. This service also includes access to their distribution network, so packages are shipped to a local destination by the retailer where Global-e ensures delivery is then made to the customer in their local territory. This approach allows cost effective shipping options reducing the barrier to sale for retailers in new markets.
Global-e required a way to accelerate the installation and configuration of their offering on the two major enterprise commerce platforms, SAP Hybris and Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware). Each platform has different approaches with regards to technology, integration and installation. They also required an approach that evaluated their own platform integration points and delivered a solution that ensured best practices were met, installation achieved with greater ease and enablement reduced.
Objectives & Strategy
- Deliver a pre-built integration to the SAP Hybris B2C Accelerators across all key customer journeys
- Deliver a pre-built integration to Salesforce Commerce Cloud SiteGenesis across all key customer journeys
- Support current releases of SAP Hybris and Salesforce Commere Cloud while allowing for efficient future maintenance
- Ensure solution can be easily extended to support any future changes in the Global-e API while allowing for different use cases of API usage by customers and partners
- Provide all relevant training and instructions on how to install as a novice user of the platforms
Greenlight worked closely with Global-e to understand their platform and their best practices in enabling the service. We then delivered a Discovery programme of workshops focusing on the main integration approach using Salesforce technology as a base. We delivered the integration and testing in a number of delivery iterations and worked closely with Global-e to test all the features and functions of the integration. This was then packaged and delivered to the customer who in turn handed it to Salesforce where it was officially signed-off as a Certified cartridge module for their marketplace.
Once this was complete and accepted by the customer, we reviewed the learnings and delivered another shortened Discovery with SAP Hybris as the core platform. This Discovery was much quicker as many of the learnings were reused based on the first Discovery. Again this was delivered by employing the same approach as before using an iterative delivery model and coordinated testing efforts. The SAP Hybris extension was successfully delivered to Global-e for use with their next potential customer.
- Platform education
- Technical delivery and system integration
- Project delivery and live support