MILK & MORE – SAP COMMERCE CLOUD V2 BUILD AND SUPPORT
Guaranteeing #DoorStepMagic delivery for online food shoppers
Milk & More (M&M) continues the British milkman legacy of delivering glass-bottled fresh milk every morning to thousands of doorsteps by offering 200 more exceptional and locally sourced food products that consumers can add to their online basket.
This growth is supported by investing in a digital platform that can process tens of thousands of transactions each day for guaranteed delivery to tens of thousands of addresses across the nation before 7 am the next day. Upgrading Milk & More’s digital platform also required the eCommerce system to seamlessly connect the supply chain with the milkmen/women through their handheld devices. Ultimately, ensuring that the modernised platform can deliver an online experience that is reliable, easy, and convenient for the consumer; just like your friendly dependable milkman/woman every morning.
Customised SAP Commerce Cloud V2
- Migrated from SAP Hybris (since 2017) to SAP Commerce Cloud V2 (2021)
- Ongoing delivery of customisation such as for supply chain, for streamlining delivery routes, and improving payment systems.
- Regular business as usual maintenance, updates, UX/UI and conversion enhancements and system performance reviews
- Deliver the consistently high levels of service to all customers (current and new).
- Streamline delivery rounds for current and new addresses.
- Ensure system does not overload especially during exceptional surge in demand
- Enabling Milk & More to provide the same level of customer services to both existing and new customers, even during peak demand
- Streamlined delivery routes to add more order-positive rounds
- Business continuity during CV-19 lockdown 1
- Facilitated Milk & More’s ability to step up and be the food lifeline for many households during lockdown 1
- Public recognition and appreciation from the public (see BBC News, 2020)
Key eCommerce Figures
- 300,000 average monthly site visitors
- 75,000 new customers in 2019
CV-19 Lockdown 1 eCommerce Figures
- 33,000 new account registrations in March and April 2020
- 1.2 million deliveries each week
- 300% more site visits during lockdown 1 compared with pre-lockdown levels
- Orders increased by:
- +150% for Cheese
- +314% for Yoghurts
- +333% for Organic Fruit and Veg
- +141% for Eggs
- +100% for Bread
Access More Project Stories
Milk & More Lockdown 1 Wins
300,000 site visitors on average a month
GET IN TOUCH TO FIND OUT HOW WE CAN HELP YOU DELIVER GROWTH