Project | RB
How we maximised RB’s investment in SAP Hybris and developed a global, multi-brand solution offering.
RB (formerly called Reckitt Benckiser) is the world’s leading consumer health and hygiene company. The company has operations in over 60 countries, with headquarters in the UK, Dubai and Amsterdam, and sales in almost 200 countries. The company employs approximately 37,000 people worldwide.
Objectives & Strategy
The new Head of Digital Technology identified that the business was only using the Product Content Management offering of the SAP Hybris product suite.
Wanting to maximise their investment in the commerce solution and rationalise a number of their existing commerce and content websites, they approached Greenlight to help in three key areas:
- Extending RB’s usage of the platform through delivering an eCommerce focused framework to facilitate a “direct-to-consumer” (D2C) strategy for
the consumer goods giant.
- Building a “white-label” base for RB to deliver an eCommerce framework it could to roll out to its portfolio of brands and territories across the
- Giving the team more control over their business and technical operations of the system rather than relying on other partners to trade and
develop their platform.
What we did
- Conducted in-depth consulting and platform evaluation programme, including a review of the existing technical landscape.
- Held workshops with the client in order to fully understand the business.
- Built upon the Core B2C SAP Hybris Accelerator to deliver a new “RB Accelerator”.
- Developed a platform with the customised functionality required on which RB’s many brands could be rolled out, across multiple regions.
- Maximised return on investment (ROI) for each brand and territory roll-out.
- Implemented a single provider model for all brands/territories for integration to third party logistics (3PL), payment service and other merchandising features.
- Delivered a phased approach starting with the Durex and Scholl brands, replacing the exisiting Magento abd Umbraco platforms.
- Empowered RB to build its own internal capability to roll-out new countries and brands without Greenlight’s assistance.
Greenlight Digital’s team understood the many different components needed to deliver our vision and their focus on digital growth made them a natural choice for this project.Ryan Thomas
Multi-Channel Director, Liberty
Greenlight’s dedicated development team delivered a truly world class online retail platform, including the most technically advanced eCommerce website in our sector.Justin Petszaft
Managing Director, Master of Malt
We chose Greenlight Commerce for their understanding of what we were trying to achieve in our market, coupled with their knowledge of what is required to launch a Demandware platform within a tight timeframe and to budget.Georgina Stoaling
Director of Ecommerce, Furniture Village
The recent trading results show our focus on improving the Maplin product and service proposition through an enhanced web and mobile customer experience is paying off. We now have a core platform upon which we will build our future omni-channel systems to deliver an outstanding customer experience.Neil McGowan
Greenlight Commerce were totally professional and dedicated to our project timescale. I would describe their performance as exceptional.Tony Perks
Group CIO & CTO, The British Home Store
ROI on Solution Stack
- Maximising and utilising software already acquired within the eco-system
- Providing trading and marketing control to the business
- Allowing a single technology stack to deploy to multiple territoties