Project | Liberty London
How we used Salesforce Commerce Cloud to deliver a luxury website for Liberty
Liberty is an iconic and heritage department store in the heart of London, renowned for its high-end luxury experience and unique product range spanning across fashion, cosmetics, accessories and homeware. Liberty engaged with Greenlight to deliver a digital shopping experience which aligned with its overall brand identity and bring it into the 21st century by enabling its customers to engage, explore, find and purchase items through a reinvigorated desktop and mobile site.
We were tasked with delivering the following:
- A completely new customer facing experience that would be fully responsive, but also provide the business with the ability to trade and merchandise to high-end customers through a mix of content and commerce.
- Delivering a platform to support a truly international engagement strategy for its worldwide customer base.
- Creating an individually personalised experience to the customer that offers tailored content and articles based on their browsing behaviour as well as designer and category opt-in triggers throughout the site.
- Building a platform to manage Liberty’s two separate loyalty programmes and to support the accrual and redemption of points across all channels.
- To design, architect and integrate an omnichannel proposition via integration to its ERP alongside building a roadmap of ERP changes to support the future ambitions of the business.
Our Unique Solution:
We employed our enterprise project delivery methodology, coined ‘4D’, which stands for Discover, Design, Deliver, Deploy.
We began by running an extensive consulting phase that lasted three months, during which time we facilitated 20 workshops and delivered a functional specification, high-level design and project delivery plan for the first phase of the project.
Post-consultancy, we split our delivery team up to focus on key areas of the solution so we could run parallel work streams and manage any risk with our external dependencies (i.e the other partners of the Liberty business). Our 4D methodology is based on an iterative delivery model, enabling us to produce working code the client could see and use every two weeks.
Throughout the project, we worked very closely with the other partners within the Liberty business to push the boundaries on what was possible within its existing solution in order to deliver the enhanced experience the client required.
Finally, we helped evolve the roadmap of those solutions where Liberty was the first to use these newly built capabilities.
Visit the Liberty London website.
Greenlight Commerce were totally professional and dedicated to our project timescale. I would describe their performance as exceptional.Tony Perks
Group CIO & CTO, The British Home Store
We chose Greenlight Commerce for their understanding of what we were trying to achieve in our market, coupled with their knowledge of what is required to launch a Demandware platform within a tight timeframe and to budget.Georgina Stoaling
Director of Ecommerce, Furniture Village
Greenlight’s dedicated development team delivered a truly world class online retail platform, including the most technically advanced eCommerce website in our sector.Justin Petszaft
Managing Director, Master of Malt
The recent trading results show our focus on improving the Maplin product and service proposition through an enhanced web and mobile customer experience is paying off. We now have a core platform upon which we will build our future omni-channel systems to deliver an outstanding customer experience.Neil McGowan
Greenlight Digital’s team understood the many different components needed to deliver our vision and their focus on digital growth made them a natural choice for this project.Ryan Thomas
Multi-Channel Director, Liberty
New world-class website
- Eye-catching website that provides a luxury look and experience in keeping with the Liberty brand
- 31% increase in conversion
- 20% increase in transactions
- 13% increase in revenue
Biggest trading day in online history
- 233% increase compared to previous records